- With the rack in lowest position, preheat oven to 190 °C
- On floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry into 8 x 10-inch (20 x 25 cm) rectangle and cut into 2 x 4-inch (5 x 10 cm) rectangles.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Brush dough with the mustard. Scatter basil leaves over the dough, then tomatoes. Season. Sprinkle with President® cheddar.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Cut pie into squares and garnish with fresh basil. Serve immediately, as an appetiser or as a starter.
Total Preperation Time: 30mins
- 250g President® cheddar, grated
- 225g puff pastry thawed
- 3-4 large Italian tomatoes cut into 1cm slices
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Fresh basil
- Salt and ground pepper to taste