- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep ovenproof pan. Fry the bacon for 3–4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
- In the same pan used to cook the bacon, place a layer of the sliced potatoes in the bottom of the pan. Cover the potatoes with a layer of sliced onions, then a layer of sliced carrots. Layer over some of the crisp bacon, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Repeat the process with the remaining potatoes, onions, carrots and bacon, finishing with a layer of potatoes on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the chicken stock so that all of the ingredients are covered, then bring to the boil. Cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 15–25 minutes, or until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Preheat the grill to high. Uncover the pan and sprinkle over the President® grated cheese. Grill for 5–6 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and golden-brown.
- To serve, spoon into bowls and serve with some crusty bread to mop up the juices.
Total Preperation Time: 45mins
- 150g President® cheddar, grated
- 250g streaky bacon
- 6 potatoes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 5 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500ml chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crusty bread, to serve